I couldn’t do a pumpkin series without sharing my beloved pumpkin cookie recipe. To our great dismay, I had left my only copy at my mom’s house in Québec. I was so thrilled to find it, by pure luck, when we went back home to see the family this summer!
As soon as I was done making tons of pumpkin purée, I put on my apron, took out my wooden spoon and baked a batch of my famous chewy pumpkin-filled chocolate chip cookies.
So without further ado, here’s the drill. Careful, may cause addiction.
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin purée
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic All-spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F(180C).
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax seeds and water together and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together milk and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip wet ingredients together (apple sauce, oil, pumpkin purée, sugar and vanilla). Stir in flax egg and milk mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients (spices, baking powder, salt, flours). Mix into wet ingredients with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 12 cookies using a tablespoon. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.