Recently I’ve been obsessed with salad. No, not iceberg salad, sliced tomato and cucumber with Kraft Italian dressing. Those days are over. I’m talking colourful and flavourful salads that you actually really want to eat.
Since we’ve been on a rampage lately, devouring one or two bowls daily, I’ve got several tasty combinations in store for you, so stay tuned.
But first things first. I present to you my arugula salad with green grapes and walnuts. Pretty, don’t you think?
The tingly arugula and red onion are perfectly balanced by the sweet grapes and the smooth avocado. And the dressing requires no preparation whatsoever.
I like to top off my salads with a handful of alfalfa and fresh herbs, for a flavour punch. Then I sprinkle about a tablespoon of hemp seeds for a healthy dose of protein and omega-3.
Go ahead, make peace with salad :)
If you try this recipe, make sure to snap a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #valisesetgourmandises. I wanna see your creations! And don’t forget to leave a comment below :)
Arugula Salad with Grapes and walnuts
- 4 cups arugula washed and dried
- 15 grapes cut in half
- ¼ cup red onion cut in fine strips
- ½ avocado diced
- ¼ cup walnuts in pieces
- ½ cup alfalfa
- A few cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 big fresh basil leaves minced
- 3 big fresh mint leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Put arugula, grapes, onion, avocado, tomatoes and fresh herbs in a salad bowl and mix.
- Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Divide into two big bowls.
- Top with alfalfa, walnuts and hemp seeds and serve.
More salad recipes