I love avocados! Diced in a salad, spread on a slice of multigrain bread or in a guacamole with tortilla chips, I never get tired of eating them. And let’s not even talk about avocado hosomaki… hmmm… I think you get the point.
I’ve found yet another excuse to put them on the menu even more often: creamy avocado sauce. Perfect on hot pasta, in a pasta salad of simply eaten with a spoon, your choice.
It can also be made with spinach and a few basil leaves, but I prefer arugula. It reminds me of Italy!
I know some of you are thinking “But avocado is full of fat and I’m watching my weight.” Rest assured, these monounsaturated fats are beneficial to your health, a quick google search will convince you. Avocados also contain high quantities of antioxidants and fibers. It’s all good!
So next time you’re craving creamy pasta, ditch the pure butter & cream Alfredo sauce and prepare this smooth sauce in a snap!
Creamy Avocado-Arugula Pasta
- 1 generous handful arugula
- ½ ripe organic avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoon pasta cooking water or vegetable broth
- Whole wheat pasta for 2 people.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a food processor, puree all the ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Serve on your favorite pasta. Sprinkle a tablespoon of soy seeds for added proteins.
Do not make too much in advance, the avocado tends to brown.