Try this vegan lentil salad featuring warm mushrooms, fresh and crunchy pomegranate seeds and creamy avocado. Plus, the oil-free vinaigrette is to die for.
I’ve been going through a whole range of emotions lately, from totally relaxed to stressed out about getting everything on my mind done, to the exciting anticipation of all our projects, meeting plenty of new people and saying goodbye to good friends…
My contract as a French language assistant has come to an end for the current school year and will only start again in October. In other words, four months of vacation yay! Since I can’t stay in one place for too long, I’ve planned a summer filled with travels and discoveries and the countdown has begun: we’re kick-starting things next Saturday by flying to Morocco for a busy 10 days before heading to the Algarve, a region of southern Portugal that promises to wow us.
We have more than enough projects, that’s awesome, but the end of this year also means that we have to say goodbye to friends who are going back home to take up some new challenges, without really knowing if we’ll get to see them again. It also entails leaving our city for a few months, now that it’s just started revealing all its wonders thanks to the pleasant weather.
We’re discovering a lively and alternative Hannover that’s too often overlooked by travelers. At least we know we’ll come back in September and, I assume, we’ll pick up where things left off. I’m actually planning on volunteering in a vegan organization next fall, now that my German’s good enough to have relatively sustained conversations (finally!).
And these past few weeks, we can say that Martin and I have been very serious with our newfound healthy lifestyle. Last month, I had a hard time running for six straight minutes, and now I can jog for a whole 30 minutes without stopping and I feel more and more fit. If you follow my Instagram page, you also know how well we’ve been eating, breakfast overflowing with fruits, fresh and colourful lunches… We’ve never felt so good!
The warm lentil salad I’m sharing today has been a regular on our table lately. The mix of flavours and textures, enhanced by the incredible oil-free vinaigrette, takes us by surprise every time.
We love it warm, freshly prepared, but it’s just as good cold and makes a perfect lunch, with the vinaigrette packed separately. No matter the emotions of my day, I can count on this salad to make everything okay.
More Salad Recipes
- Arugula, Grape & Walnut Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Crispy Cauliflower
- Vegan Creamy Potato Salad
- Lentil & Beetroot Salad with Fresh Herbs
- Strawberry & Buckwheat Salad with Tofu Feta
If you try this recipe, make sure to snap a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #valisesetgourmandises. I wanna see your creations! And don’t forget to leave a comment below :)
Warm lentil & pomegranate salad with an oil-free vinaigrette
- 8 button mushrooms washed and coarsely sliced
- green onion white part, minced
- 1 cup beluga lentils cooked
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- 2 cups arugula washed and dried (use a clean kitchen towel)
- ½ avocado cubed
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar organic
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce organic
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- In a pan on medium-high heat, sauté the mushrooms with the onion white, without oil (add a little bit of water if needed to prevent sticking). Once the mushrooms are golden brown, add the lentils and reheat for a few minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette: mix all ingredients well, taste, and adjust to your liking.
- In a salad bowl, mix the arugula with the lentil and mushroom mix. Add avocado, pomegranate and vinaigrette and mix well.
- Divide in two bowls, top with green onion and hemp seeds and enjoy.
I also top all my salads with hemp seeds for added nutrition and proteins.