Don’t be intimidated by this beautiful raw cashew cheesecake. It only takes about 15 minutes to make and requires 9 simple ingredients!
Guys! I don’t know what I’m most excited about today.. that decadent raw cake people go crazy over or the fact that I have finally published my first ebook. A completely free ebook at that! With 9 easy recipes, all gluten-free and under 10 ingredients!
There’s this raw cashew cheesecake, which I’ll get to in a sec, don’t worry, along with a refreshing watermelon slushie, a ratatouille-inspired summer stew and raw cookie dough bars, to name only a few.
After many requests, I plan on making a more comprehensive recipe book that would be available to buy as a convenient digital copy but also as a paper version! I am more than open to suggestions and would love to have your feedback on the free ebook and ideas for the official book :)
Now, to this white chocolate cheesecake. Pretty, isn’t it? It is sure to impress people and start conversations at your next dinner party. And though it does look super fancy, it only takes about 15 minutes to make and requires no more than 9 rather simple ingredients.
Raw cacao powder
Raw cashew nuts
Raw cacao butter (or coconut oil)
The key to making the creamiest cheesecake ever without a high-power blender is to soak the cashews long enough so they become soft. You can soak them in water for at least 2 hours or blitz-soak them for 15 minutes covered in boiling water.
Soaking the dates will also help achieve a nicer stickier crust consistency.
Oh, and on top of being the creamiest cake you’ll ever make, it’ll also probably be the cutest one. I didn’t mention it, but this particular recipe is for a 5-inch springform cake pan and fits in your hand. It will feed 4 to 6 people depending on the level of hunger.
If you try this recipe, make sure to snap a picture and share it on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #valisesetgourmandises. I wanna see your creations! And don’t forget to leave a comment below :)
White chocolate raw cashew cheesecake
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dates soaked and corsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Vegan Cheesecake Filling
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1./4 cup raw cacao butter you can substitute for coconut oil, but then it won’t be chocolaty
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Cover dates with warm water for 15 min (do this only if they are not soft). Drain well. Add oats to the blender/food processor and grind. Add dates and combine well. Add cacao powder and, if necessary, a few teaspoons of soaking date water. Press the sticky mixture in an oiled 5inch springform cake pan.
Vegan Cheesecake Filling
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours. Discard the water. Add all the filling ingredients to the clean blender and process until very smooth. Poor on the crust, flatten and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- In a double-boiler, melt the cacao butter, whisk in maple syrup and cacao powder. Combine well. Remove the cake from the mold and poor the chocolate on top, pushing it down the sides a little bit. Place back in the freezer until ready to serve. Let thaw 15 minutes before cutting.
**You can also substitute coconut oil for the cacao butter. However, the “white chocolate” flavour will be lost (it will still be delicious!)
**This article may contain non-sponsored ads in the form of affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you purchase a product through them. The price remains the same for you, but this way you are helping me maintaining the blog and providing you more interesting content! :)