One-bowl vegan chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting
These one-bowl vegan chocolate cupcakes are ready in no time and are scrumptious frosted with vegan peanut butter buttercream!
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup organic whole wheat flour
- ¾ to 1 cup organic raw sugar
- ¼ cup organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm coffee or water, or room temperature plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup organic canola oil or other vegetable oil of your choice, or even applesauce!
- 1 teaspoon vinegar white or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350F(180C). Line a muffin tin with 12 silicone molds.
Sift all your dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl. Add your wet ingredients, mix well to combine. The batter will be fairly runny but shouldn’t be too liquid.
Pour the batter into the muffin molds. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The cupcakes are ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool a little before removing from the pan. Let cool completely on a rack before removing from the silicone molds and frosting.